One Year Anniversary!

9:55 PM Arabian Punch Front 1 Comments

fiercefivephotos on instagram


I'm excited and amazed at how much my blog has grown since the first post. Thank you for all your kind comments and tweets and words of encouragement along the way. They have certainly made this journey worthwhile.

I just wanted to thank Brigid of The Couch Gymnast because her blog is what inspired me to start mine. What started out on blogger as a fun little corner of the internet for gym fans has now turned into an amazing source for all the latest news without losing the intriguing opinion posts. I'm also pretty sure it was the first gym blog I found back in 2008 which spiraled into other blogs and eventually international gymnast forum and my obsession with finding and doing adult gymnastics.

I'd also like to thank Rick at GymnasticsCoaching for sharing my blog posts and GymNewstics for retweeting my tweets and posts. Without both of you, I would not have met half of the people I've met on the gymternet and had the encouragement to keep posting.

Thank you to my friends who may or may not be reading that allow me to ramble about gymnastics in real life and pretend like they're actually listening!

Finally, thank you to all of you. It's been a really fun year getting to talk to everyone and getting to learn more about gymnastics. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Here are a few of my favorite posts!
Athlete Superlatives - Coaching Style! - This post was a ton of fun to write. I decided which athlete I would want coaching in different aspects of the gym.

Tie Break Heart Break - This post took me a long time and was very difficult for me to write but I finally got the point out that I wanted. "These athletes are the best of the best, survived the selection process, survived the 2 per country, survived the code, and you STILL find reason for them not to medal? If you've evaluated them to be the same as another athlete, after all the hoops they've jumped through, why is there a reason to differentiate them now? These athletes "fought hard," just as the creed said, so why diminish their achievement by changing their placement?"

The Olympics Are Over. Now What? - My attempt at a funny post. It came out fairly well I think.

100 Days to London! The Questions Amongst The Excitement - Interesting post to look back on now that it's been over 100 days since the Olympics. Remember Cheng Fei's comeback shortened by injury? And I didn't even include Aly when I spoke about floor exercise. Maybe I just didn't want to state the obvious...

Why You Should Be Excited for Nastia's Floor Routine - I was so excited for a Nastia Liukin-Travis Wall floor routine but that never came to life. Hopefully, we can see his work in gymnastics soon.

Where Have All the Straddle Splits Gone - This post was sparked by NCAA so it seems appropriate to bring it back now. I'm curious to see what direction the code of points goes in to allow for more variety.

Thank you to all the athletes and video editors that have allowed me an interview. I have a few more on the way but you can read the previous ones here.

Facebook: Arabian Punch Front
Twitter: @ArabianPF_blog
Tumblr: Arabian Punch Front

1 comment :