Montage Monday: The World's Greatest

10:41 PM Arabian Punch Front 0 Comments

Three videos featuring all different athletes. The 2nd one has injuries and falls so if that's not your cup of tea, watch the Aliya routine that is linked.

Viktoria Komova: Champion Of Elegance!
by AshM
Music: 'The winner is' by Mychael Danna and DeVotchKa (may recognize from Travis Wall choreography How It Ends)
I feel like this montage could be used for a fluff piece - there are lots of clips of Vika training and clips of her competing throughout her junior and senior career. Ainsling uses some commentary as well to get the point across of how beautiful of a dancer she is or how spectacular her floor exercise performance was. I can't wait to see more of her work!


Elite Gymnastics - So cold
by SuperGymmie/@SuperGymmie
Music: So Cold by Ben Cocks
WARNING - FALLS AND INJURIES and lots of them - Sami Shapiro and Rebecca Bross on vault, Jordyn as a junior, etc. It's bad. But the mood from the song fits this so well. It definitely ends on a more positive note but reminds you how unforgiving this sport is at times.
SuperGymmie has been cranking out the montages so if you want other ones to watch that aren't going to make you cringe: Gymnastics - Nothing to Lose to Titanium - a general Olympic montage; Aliya Mustafina - She Is Tough - uses commentary to describe Aliya

In case you scrolled really quickly and missed it, watch Aliya Mustafina - She Is Tough - uses commentary from multiple competitions to describe Aliya.

The Fierce 5 - THE WORLD'S GREATEST
by Emma Fischer/@EmmsDream
Music: The World's Greatest by R. Kelly
My favorite of the bunch. I'll let the lyrics do the talking:
If anybody asks you who I am
Just stand up tall look 'em in the face and say
I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
Hey, I made it
I'm the worlds greatest


Feel free to email me if you have a video you'd like me to watch and link to at arabianpunchfront[@]gmail[.]com. Let me know if you liked having a monthly playlist.


My thoughts are with the people of Boston and all those affected by the tragedy today.

0 comments :