Montage Monday: Inspiration

11:11 PM Arabian Punch Front 0 Comments

"I think we all need a pep talk." This video has little to do with gymnastics directly but I still wanted to share it. This little boy, Kid President, is wise beyond his years. I don't know if anyone else is at the point in the (school) year where all you can do is ask yourself why. Why am I learning this? Why does it matter? Why is it still snowing/raining/not as sunny out as usual? Why does my boss hate me? Why can't I catch my Tkatchev like Dougie? Why? Why? Why? It's nice to have a little reminder every now and then that we're all here for a reason and to get a little motivation. This pep talk was perfect -"It's everybody's duty to give the world a reason to dance."

here or below:


Kiwigymnast16 does a great job in this montage with Hall of Fame by The Script and includes both WAG and MAG. You get to see a lot of athletes and a lot of the joyous occasions - stuck landings, gymnasts pleased with scores, and teams celebrating.
here or below:



@pvanswim pointed out this montage to me and Spanny says it takes her back to the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. The song is "Power of a Dream" by Celine Dion and even though I'm not a (real) gymnast, I find this montage incredibly inspiring. So watch it. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the night after I watched it.
here or below:


Note: I have exams coming up so I likely won't be posting for the next few weeks. I should be back around Valentine's Day. As always, you can reach me on twitter, facebook, and tumblr. I'm also thinking of getting on the video bandwagon and finally showing you some of my adult gymnastics stuff. We'll see!

Facebook: Arabian Punch Front
Twitter: @ArabianPF_blog
Tumblr: Arabian Punch Front

0 comments :